Wednesday, 25 March 2015

China Executes 3 Over Deadly Knife Attack at Train Station in 2014

nytimes.com - BEIJING — A provincial court in southwestern China announced on Tuesday that the authorities had executed three men for carrying out a knife attack last year on civilians in a crowded train station in which 31 people were killed and 141 wounded.

The court, in Kunming, the capital of Yunnan Province, said on its microblog that the men were Iskandar Ehet, Turgun Tohtunyaz and Hasayn Muhammad, which are ethnic Uighur names. Officials had said an eight-person group was responsible for the attack; four were shot dead at the scene and the others were arrested.

No comments:

Post a Comment